Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Of Hospitals and Children who are not-so-well

In this new year's eve we went to the children's hospital just as we used to do every new year's eve for a few years, It was nothing special for me .. And I wouldn't be missed at all if I didn't go, in fact all I did is standing there, quite useless. Just as I expected .. however I insisted on going, this is one thing that I refuse to let go to boredom and indifference. As I said I felt nothing special. Only maybe a more than usual feeling of sickness .. this perhaps due to my knowledge that one of my colleagues' little girl is in one hospital somewhere to reasons dealing with Asthma. I felt so connected .. but also so detached in a contradicting and strange way. I feel indeed connected to this people more, I feel more like one of them and not just a visitor like I used to be before, but also detached .. detached because this new connectedness was no big deal to me, having felt this way a few years ago, I would probably reacted far more deeply than this. I also got irritated from this smell of medicine (the smell of doctors and hospitals) of course I was never a fan of it, but for the first time I can't wait to get rid of it, to wash my hand over and over just to get it away, sickness is no problem for me, always have been and still, but somehow I handle it differently this time. Also many of the little inhabitants of the hospital are babies. I feel strangely connected to babies ever since my sister got a baby girl, a niece that I still yet to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home